I rarely head out to my garden without taking my phone or mobile device with me because I almost ALWAYS find something that I want to Google. From a weird look a plant has, to a bug I saw, or maybe a coloring or weird shape of a vegetable.
That’s why I decided to do a roundup of Android and ios Gardening Apps, like a vegetable garden planner and a moon gardening app, to help us both!
Best Gardening Apps
Anything you need from a free garden planner to a virtual perfect garden planner, or even a landscape planner, is available with these top apps that will help you design your dream garden and garden space.
I love using them to plan my garden each season.
You’ll even be able to learn moon gardening and rain harvesting from these apps, too! Who knew?!
Let’s get started with these Gardening Apps:
Plant identification apps are great, sometimes all you need is a little help and to remember what you planted where… All you need to do is take a pic or upload one of any plant, and you’ll get instant results telling you what type of plant you’re looking at, and even if it needs watering, has been watered too much, needs fertilizer, or has a disease, it’s that easy!
This free tool is the best options since it has a very large database and plant library with all the info you’ll need to help identify plants. With it’s new features it can also tell you anything you would want to know, from how often to water to how to control pests and diseases, and even fun facts plus, it doesn’t take much time.
You can even take a picture of sick part of a plant and find out what might have caused it and how to treat your plant and know what your plant needs.
Just like the one above, this mobile app is a great way to identify garden pests on your various plants.
You just take a pic and you’ll get results all about the insect and whether it’s a friend or foe of your awesome garden and garden beds and how to treat for it if it turns out to be a foe.
The Garden Planner adapts to your own area using our database of over 5000 weather stations. Print your own personalized planting chart showing garden answers like how many of each plant you require and when to sow, your different plant and harvest them.
Expert advice and detailed information on whenever you need it. The Garden Planner has over 250 vegetables, herbs, fruit and flowers plus videos and written guides covering everything you need to know to plan and produce your most successful large or small garden yet.
There are In app purchases in your ios devices
Have you always wanted a kitchen garden but you have no idea how to get started? Gardroid helps you to harvest your own food and vegetables by providing useful detailed information about the cultivation methods of various vegetables.
This great app provides:
- Suitable sowing and harvesting periods
- The desired temperature to sow
- Helpful tips for taking care of the plant and tips on lawn care
- The right sowing depth, row distance and spacing between plants
- Track the progress of your vegetables
- Add your own notifications to each plant in your garden
- Write down your notes inside the notebook
- Gardroid allows you to put the probable harvesting day for each plant in your calendar, so you have an idea when you’ll be able to enjoy your fresh crops!
- For even more and different features there is a paid version
Have you ever wondered how much rain falls on your roof during a typical rain storm? Use this simple real life rain harvesting calculator to find out.
You’ll be amazed at how much water can be collected from your roof (or any other surface) during even the shortest of rain storms. Why not collect and store this wonderful natural resource and put it to good use later to water your organic garden?
A simple water features calculator interface allows for the input of:
Catchment surface area in square foot or square meters
Rainfall in inches or millimeters
Surface efficiency as a percentage
Number of collection points
The final result is then presented in total gallons or liters of collected runoff. Gallons or liters per collection point is also calculated when more than one collection point is entered into the calculator.
You may also like: Winter Garden Planning – How To Make Your Own
SmartPlant For ios For Android
With SmartPlant you can discover and care for your favorite plants in this free option. Identify and browse thousands of plants, add the plants you love and relax while we give you the info you need to look after them.
Search for any plant or identify them if you don’t know their name. Once added, we will send you simple plant reminders to tell you what to do with your plants. Save plants to your Wishlist and view exclusive content from leading plant lovers.
- – Get care and reminders for 3 of your plants.
- – Access the entire plant library.
- – Organise your plants in the best free app.
- – 1 plant identification a month.
- – Ask our experts 1 question a month.
- – Scan any plant at our partners for immediate care advice.
- – Discover plants with our recommendations and trending plants.
Premium (1.12 per month) – Everything you get for free plus:
- Get unlimited watering and care reminders.
- Identify more plants and pests every month.
- Unlock more chats with our wonderful experts.
- Pro (£3.99 per month):
- • Get unlimited watering and care reminders.
- • Get unlimited chats with our experts.
- • Unlimited identifications forever.
Pro (4.52 per month):
- • Get unlimited watering and care reminders.
- • Get unlimited chats with our experts.
- • Unlimited identifications forever.
iScape is the No. 1 app for designing or your landscaping project for your outdoor spaces and living areas. Whether you’re a do-it-yourself (DIY) Homeowner or an industry Pro, iScape has you covered.
If you’re DIY’ing it, iScape makes it easy to plan out what to buy and how to put it all together. If you’re hiring professional landscapers, the app can help you explore design ideas and share your vision and final design it also has the best free landscape design software.
As featured in Forbes, HGTV, HBO, The New York Times, USA Today, Fox, and many more!
Check out just some of the great iScape app benefits:
- Visualize – With this landscape design tool whether you’re going to do-it-yourself or hire a pro to help, you’ll know how it should look before the project even starts.
- Design – Seamlessly blend your physical and digital living spaces using augmented reality 3D motels, 3D view, or traditional 2D designs.
- Share – Collaborate with your spouse or a landscape pro on the project and use iScape to share your vision and make it a reality. Now, you can even design in the same Augmented Reality world.
- Buy – We inventory all the products on your iScape designs to make purchasing smooth and easy.
- Landscape Business Tools – iScape pro subscription now provides the ability to create a proposal directly from the app in real time. Whip up a design, output a proposal, set pricing, modify descriptions and create a professional PDF with your quote and custom business info in minutes!
1. Various alarms
– You will never forget to water your plants again.
– You can set alarms for fertilizing, spraying pesticide and so on. Custom tasks are also available.
– When you set the alarm, it will remind you on time.
Plant diary is an essential garden app for you or fellow gardeners who are taking their gardening needs and planting seriously.
Plant diary allows you with a click of a button to define a set of alarms for each plant in your new garden and get reminder when an action (like watering) should be performed on a plant. Perfect to take your flower garden and vegetable beds to the next level.
With Plant Diary you’ll never forget to water your different plants as it will always remind you to water your plants.
Current feature are:
* Define alarms and scheduling for different activities on the plant
* Track the growth and health of your plants
* Track expense for your plants
* Track images for your plant
Can gardening by the Moon affect plants in your garden? This app will give you specific gardening advice based on the current Moon phase and Zodiac sign.
* Specific Moon Gardening Advice
* Best Design App for Moon Gardening
* Comprehensive Moon and Sun information
* Moon Calendar with Watering Schedule
Moon gardening is a centuries old practice. The Moon is our closest celestial neighbor and the most prominent object in the night sky. Although the Moon is so much smaller than the Sun, it strongly affects everything on the Earth, including many aspects of your life.
Not only tides and animals are affected by the Moon phases, but also they influence human emotions, relationships, blood pressure and even plants.
How does it work? Just as the Moon pulls the tides in the oceans, it also pulls the subtle bodies of water, causing moisture to rise in the earth, which encourages plant growth.
When the water rises, plants take up nutrients faster, making it an ideal time to plant. Grow plants faster and discover new amazing results!
Gardenize helps you keep track of all your plants, in your own garden or indoors, offering helpful tips and simple advice on how to care for them.
Gardenize helps you to keep notes and photos of your plants in one single place with access to a dynamic news feed that gives you all the information you need to make your beautiful garden and perfect yard thrive while staying beautiful and healthy for any skill level.
- For each plant, add your own photos, notes and caring instructions and link it to one or many of your garden areas.
- Areas: Organize your garden into an unlimited number of outdoor or indoor garden areas. Flowerbeds, borders, raised beds or alleys, you can name them as you wish and see all the plants you have in that area. Draw on the photos with the built-in drawing tool and virtual pen.
- Create your own “activity types” and link plants and areas to each event. Add photos and notes to follow the development of your crops from seed to harvest. Set reminders so you never forget to water, fertilize or trim your plants again.
- Get gardening inspiration and all the answers you are looking for with links to blogs and YouTube, all on the topics of plants and gardening.
- Search: Stay aware of when you seeded your carrots and get a list of all your tomatoes.
- Every garden is different, different soil, size and weather conditions. Gardenize works for every combination with guidance and practical help to make your garden not only beautiful but sustainable too
You might also like: Planning A Herb Garden
Garden Compass’ intuitive app gives your plants a voice. Our unique and personalized care calendar seamlessly ties together your plants and our experts through a simple and understandable platform.
Whatever your plant grumbles, we have got you covered:
• Experts at your fingertips?
How about 50 of them
• Don’t know the name of your plant varieties or flowers?
We love plant identification but don’t stop there
• Pest infestation or problem with your plants?
The experts have got you covered
• What do you do with your garden and when?
Let us tell you, monthly reminders for YOUR garden
Let’s face it, we all turn to experts for advice when we need it.
We have designed this app with some of the best experts in the world, and you, in mind. Hundreds of thousands of you have put your trust in us to help with your garden.
Garden Time Planter App For ios For Android
The Garden Time app from Burpee (<— click and use code: BURPEE5 to get $5 off $25!) is the perfect useful tool to help gardeners know when to sow, transplant and expect to harvest vegetables and herbs specific to their garden region.
The app automatically creates a task list to notify the user when their next sow or transplant date arrives. Included within the app is a full database of plants, local weather, and links to how-to gardening videos.
I hope this list of Gardening Apps helps you to get your hands dirty! What are your favorites?
You can also find gardening products I use in my videos here <---
You can go to my storefront using this secure link <----
If you need seeds, this is the company I use <--- and if you use code: farmer1 at checkout, you'll get 10% off your order!
Up Your Gardening Game With These Ideas:
- DIY Worm Bin For Vermicomposting
- How To Keep Critters Out Of Gardens Can Be Frustrating, But These Ideas Will Help
- How To Grow Food Year Round
- What is Plant Sunburn & How Can It Be Avoided?
- Why It’s Important To Amend Raised Bed Soil
- How Much Soil Does A Plant Need?
- True Low Light Houseplants That Can Fill The Perfect Spots In Your Home
- Growing Tomatoes In Potting Soil Bags
- 7 Herbs To Grow Together In Containers
- Homemade Bug Spray For Houseplants