DIY Household Cleaners
One easy way to save money in the home is to make your own household cleaning products. They are cheaper to use and they go farther so you can save a lot of money making a few things on your own. You would be completely surprised at how quick and easy it is to make these inexpensive products for your own household cleaning.
These cleaning solutions are definitely the way to go when you’re looking to cut down on the household budget. Here are a few to get you started.
DIY Powder Laundry Detergent
- Grate Ivory and Fels Naptha soap with cheese grater.
- Pour into food processor or blender and pulse until it becomes a fine powder.
- Mix with washing soda and borax and store in an air tight container.
DIY All Purpose Abrasive Cleaner
- 1 part water
- 2 parts Baking Soda
- Mix ingredients to form a paste and scrub using scouring pad on surfaces like stove tops, bathtubs, sinks and counters.
DIY Furniture Fabric Refresher
Mix fabric softener and baking soda together in 32 oz bottle and fill with water.
Gently shake to mix well.
Spritz on fabric needing refreshing.
Shake before each use.
DIY All Purpose Spray Cleaner
- Heat 1 cup vinegar in microwave for 35 seconds (or until hot but not boiling). Mix 1 cup dawn dish soap with vinegar. Pour into spray bottle and top off with 1 cup water. Shake to mix well. Spray on counters, shower, tub, sinks, etc. Let sit for 3-5 minutes. Wipe off. The soap may cause suds so if preferred can rinse after with just water to get rid of any extra suds or soap film remaining.
DIY Fabric Softener
Mix in conditioner whisking until well blended and no lumps remain.
Add vinegar and mix well.
Pour into air tight container/jar.
Use 1/4 cup per load of laundry.
DIY Toilet Cleaner Tablets
Whisk baking soda, citric acid, and dishwashing liquid together in large glass mixing bowl
Once mixed transfer mixture to ice cube tray, press in tightly to make tablets. Gently wipe away excess and set out to dry overnight.
Once dry, pop them out of the ice tray and pop them into an airtight container,
Just drop on in your toilet and watch it start working! You should see bubbles and that tells you it’s working!
DIY Dishwashing Liquid
1/4 Cup Distilled Water
1 Cup Castille Soap
2 tsp Vegetable Glycerin
Container for your DIY Dishwashing Liquid
10 drops of your favorite Essential Oil
Add all ingredients into your chosen container
Shake well to mix – That’s it!
These super simple DIY Household Cleaners will get you on your way to cutting costs at home in no time! If you have any other DIY household cleaning products recipes be sure to share them with us in the comments below so we can all take a bite out of our household cleaning budget!